Saturday, July 15, 2006

So, I started thinking.

Nice guys may finish last but at least they finish with dignity. i'm so over jerks, guys who don't know what they want, and guys who don't and probably never will know how to love somebody, truly and simply. the jerks may have more fun breaking hearts and avoiding heartbreak for themselves, but they're still jerks. when they finally find someone they like it's not going to be as good as it could be. whatever i have to remember the battles thing..i have to let go of b.resentment.


so i'm listening to westlife...europe's nsync/bsb equivalent...and it's corny as shit, but it also got me thinking, and with recent events, i am prone to think anyway..so, i started thinking.


i can be over this. my sense of happiness should not be so dependent on someone..on any one person, and especially not him.


most of all, i miss taiwan. when i was in taiwan, i didn't have to think about this kind of stuff...sure i would anyway, but it wasn't as pressing or substantial. something about being in a foreign land really works for me. sometimes i'm just so tired of america and its people. i'm just so lucky i have a place that isn't america that i feel comfortable in. this was supposed to be a post praising the nice guy, venting, giving myself hope for the future, but it turned into my appreciation n love for a country..so be it. taiwan means more than a vacation to me though..it's so much in me that i haven't found words for yet. so much of my family is there..so much of what feels naturally a part of me, is there. the food, the sights, the atmosphere, the transportation, the language, the good bad and ugly, i'll take it all...even the g.d mosquitoes. i love the country and i plan on living there someday. i have even just considered studying abroad there rather than in italia. we'll have to see. but...

i can be happy :) even when i was lost in my thoughts of uGH a little ago (what moved me to write this post), i couldn't help but be reminded of a time that steve made me laugh..and so i started laughing to myself..and then that ended with a smile and a knowing feeling...i am instinctively a happy person and nothing about this situation needs to be bad. SO..one door closes, another one opens. cheesy again, but i'll take it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home