Tuesday, June 7, 2005

What Makes Me Sad



Is it just me or are iPod earphones the most susceptible
item to tangling in the world?

I have never found them untangled. Okay, so. I've been following my very awesome work-out schedule that requires me to run everyday. I alternate between running 1 mile and running for 20 minutes. I would really like to start running outside on a track or in nature, but for now it's the treadmills at the Y. If anyone wants to join me in my crusade to get more fit than viv before summer ends, tell me. :)

Also, while I run I will listen to Jay Z, 50 cent and Ludacris and will often laugh softly to myself at the lyrics. Does anyone realize how knee-slappin funny a lot of their stuff is?

So i...pull over to the side of the road
I heard "Son do you know why i'm stoppin' you for?"
Cause i'm young and i'm black and my hats real low
Do i look like a mind reader sir, i don't know
Am i under arrest or should i guess some mo'?
"Well you was doin fifty-five in a fifty-fo' "
Jay Z - 99 Problems


I ain't that nigga trying to holla cause I want some head
I'm that nigga trying to holla cause I want some bread
50 cent - P.I.M.P.

I wanna get you in the bath tub
with the candles lit you give it up till they go out
or we can do it on stage at the Ludacris concert
cause you know it got sold out
or red carpet dick could just roll out
Ludacris - What's Your Fantasy?

I laugh it up, as my body in movement allows, at the bolded lyrics most. Maybe it's their tone of voice and just how the words sound together, but I can't help myself. Sorry if you are offended by my sense of humor. I am pretty lame, it's been said.

Today I ran with Ben Harper & Jack Johnson just to change it up. I really want either of those two or Howie Day or Josh Groban or Sarah McLachlan or any talented vocalist really to sing me a song before I sleep every night. That would be so amazing.


Today I ate Cambodian food with Andrea and Angelica. The catfish and other entrees were tasty and the host/owner/server was a very animated cambodian man who found a deep interest in our lives as students. He also threatened to fire the cooks for getting our salad order wrong. He was joking, luckily. No man that nice could fire his cooks. The three of us also experienced a very curious, yet grave coincidence, which I will not explore, because what I really wanted to talk about is...

what makes me sad.

It makes me sad to see a grown man at the Y wave, as he is leaving, to the desk attendant. And to see that wave go unanswered. It hurts me guys.

Is there something wrong with me? So wrong that a stranger's rejection strikes a part of me that causes great unease? Even to the point where this unease is comparable to the unease I might experience while being rejected myself? I mean, wow. I guess along the same idea, I am also sensitive to senior citizens who wear velcro shoes and immigrant families or persons who get taken advantage of. The Green Mile? Gladiator? Braveheart? Any form of torture or cruelty? Including the unspeakable abuse of animals? Can't sit through any of it.

I am never hitting my children or kicking my dog or becoming a sick, twisted freak who cuts off ears and toes and stir fries them. Also, I will wave if you wave to me. I will hold a senior citizens hand and I will be like Bitch don't discriminate! or smile at a timid, shy sad person who needs one.

The End.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha OHHH MY GOD. i totally feel you on a bazillion of those levels. like about the whole song thing! see, dirty music is appealing cuz it's HELLA FUNNY and it has good beats :)


and the whole "rejection" thing! little things like that always cause slight pangs in my heart. :( hope you're enjoying summer!!!

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home