Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Enjoy Your Burdens

a lot has been going on and not going on in my life.

the highlight has undoubtedly been zach’s visit to pittsburgh :) it was perhaps my favorite weekend of the semester thus far. i saw a lot of pittsburgh that i have not seen before (special attention given to mt. washington and fallingwater) and of course i just had a great time being in the company of someone who makes me happy by just being there. i look forward to mid-semester break - only 2 weeks away! - in san diego, where we will be reunited.

i have confirmed that i want to work in the bay area, silicon valley or sf, after graduating and hopefully for many years after it. i have begun applying to pr and magazine internships. a part of me regrets not getting an internship this past summer in the bay area, one that would potentially secure a job upon graduation, but i am okay with how things turned out. i really enjoy my internship right now with cmu and am ever grateful for my internship experience in london.

keeping up with classes while balancing my internship (10-12 hrs/wk) and a long-distance relationship has been trying and this week will be particularly so. with an exam or paper in all of my academic classes, i will have no time to waste (although, look at me now…here…great). of course, i always manage, but i really, really dislike how easy it is for me to fall into patterns of procrastination. and my immune system is showing weakness and why does this always happen? why can i not manage my time better and live with ease? ah.

some very good advice i have received has come directly from my mom a week ago, and my dad today. i have posted these on facebook and on my AIM profile, but i thought i’d give them a permanent home on this blog.

“Young people don’t deserve to be depressed. You haven’t even started your life yet. For now, enjoy your burdens.” - my mother, 9/24



“Do your best and be happy is the best way to deal with life.
We will always support you.” - my father, 10/1


Thank you both.

perhaps that is all i need to know to get through this week…and life. but we all know too well, that one or even two pieces of advice never really worked to satisfy us through more than a few days.

i hear rain outside. i’m sorry my posts are more about me and less broad and perhaps entertaining or intriguing as they could be. i actually intended for this blog to be less of a diary and more of an area for discussion on current events and space for social observations, and fun, witty remarks. i promise to get those to you soon, my faithful few.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home